Subject: Re: [boost] How to structurate libraries ?
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-18 10:46:00

Mathias Gaunard a écrit :
> So it's not portable at all.
> How great.
Do you really thing I can't be able to hide this somehow ?
This kind of thing *is* abstracted into the SIMD traits and use
compile-time define to know how large a vector is on different platform.
Thanks for thinking I am that much incompetent.
> You had declared r to be a vec<float>.
Which is call a typo. As I said, it's meant to be float r;
> How is that any different?
Because sometimes you want to perform SIMD operation on something else
than an array of value.
More over, it's not like ublas array interface are sacred or anything.
This library is aimed at building
platform independent SIMD algorithm handling SIMD vector as POD so
having a std::vector<vec<T>> or a std::valarray<vec<T>>
or w/e can be done depending on the interface you need for your container.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35