Subject: Re: [boost] Vault: still needed?
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-22 17:07:17

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 14:21, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For some time now, Boostpro Computing has been hosting the Boost file
> valut, but now that Boost has a great Subversion host I'm beginning to
> wonder whether the vault is still needed. What's the case for holding
> onto it when people could just check their speculative work into the
> sandbox and subsequently merge smoothly into the Boost trunk if it is
> accepted?

What are the requirements for access to the sandbox?

I used the vault to upload an alternate version of the uuid library a
while back, when I don't have and am not currently planning on getting
a sandbox account.

Requiring that the code be in the sandbox before a review seems like a
reasonable requirement, though. Being able to propose modifications
as SVN diffs would be convenient.

~ Scott McMurray