Subject: Re: [boost] Vault: still needed?
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-23 01:30:53

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM, David Abrahams >> The Boost Vault is
similarly simpler than a giant SVN tree (I suppose
>> the word "inadequate" was a bit excessive.)
>
> In what way is it simpler? It appears to be a giant directory tree, too.

I appears that I've misinterpreted what the vault really is. You're
right, it's also a giant directory tree, the main difference seems to
be that it contains "packages" as opposed to raw files. Or am I off on
this too? :)

I still don't understand why it makes sense for the vault packages to
be in SVN, but the official Boost distribution has to be in
sourceforge.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.