Subject: Re: [boost] Two minor (?) legal-related questions
From: James Fowler (boost_list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-28 17:36:08

IANAL, but I have worked with quite a bit with both doxygen and

licensing issues. As I understand it anything related to protecting IP
is best applied as consistently as possible. Aesthetically, I'd prefer
to have the doxygen block first, but that might add some (admittedly
small) amount of risk. If it was just a copyright statement, it would
probably be too trivial to bother, but referring to an external license
agreement is a more complex issue. I'm not really sure it matters, but
I'm 99.88% certain that if it does matter, it's best to always have the
copyright / license block at the very beginning.

My $0.02 : doxygen's more flexible than lawyers, keep the
copyright/license block first. FWIW, that's how I format my own code,
even though I think it's uglier. .

- James