Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal/InterestCheck: Boost.Geom
From: Anis Benyelloul (anis.benyelloul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-29 04:38:51

Barend Gehrels <barend <at> geodan.nl> writes:

> This is internally. Of course the user can use the point directly, so
> can state:
> pnt p; p.x = 3;
> box1 b; b.left = 3;

Yeah, but my rationale was that you don't want to do this. My initial goal
 was to make my code independent of the underlying geometric primitives
 frameworks provide. It seems that you don't address this, do you?

> Currently our library can be found at: http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl

I've taken a quick look, and here are some my impressions (correct
me if I'm wrong):

- You provide your own implementation of points, boxes, circles...
- You provide lots of geometric algorithms over those
- Through some template specializations it is possible to use (say)
QPoints with your algorithms. BUT I would still be manipulating QPoints
directly in the rest of my code.

- Is a box implemented always as two points?

Reguards,