Subject: Re: [boost] Boost::Graph --- why does this program not compile?
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 09:17:03

> > The reason is that the iterator range defines the number of vertices.
>
> I guess you mean the number of edges here.

Oops. You're right.

> > So, from what I can tell (assuming that I'm reading your intent
> correctly),
> > the change that works will actually fix your problem.
>
> This works now; thanks!
>
> Shouldn't one then update the documentation?
> For the first constructor of adjacency_list (in the documentation), the
> parameters
>
> edges_size_type m = 0,
> const GraphProperty& p = GraphProperty())
>
> aren't explained, and at least m isn't used, and actually seems harmful?

I don't think it's wrong to not discuss the fact that m isn't used - well,
maybe it is. I fixed the reference to vertices_size_type m = 0 in the docs
on trunk so that it reads edges_size_type.

> (Or is it the case, that nobody touches these original documentations
> anymore??)

If I have time, I plan on moving all of the documentation to quickbooks,
with new examples and docs. Hopefully, I can get this done for 1.39. We'll
see.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]