Subject: Re: [boost] [1.38.0] [Integer] Library in inconsistent state
From: Gubenko, Boris (boris.gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-31 17:01:18

Done: <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/50935>

> > The test is very different in trunk and release branch and
> trunk does not have this linking problem.
>
> That's a worry. Is that an indication trunk needs to be
> merged into release?

If you are talking about Boost.Integer library as a whole, not just about test fixed in changeset above, I don't know if the library is ready to be merged into the release. The library fails on many platforms on the trunk, including at least one release platform -- RW_WinXP_VC10 -- and the failures are not a link failure, which was the case on the release branch, but compilation errors.

Thanks,
  Boris