Subject: [boost] Using Boost::Thread in DLL fails on LoadLibrary
From: Michael Mzik (michael.mzik.boostdevel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 10:28:22

Hi there,

I am rather new to Boost and this is my first trouble (win32 debug):

I am using Boost::Thread inside a DLL which is loaded by my main program via
LoadLibrary(..),
but doing so leads to a "Debug Assertion" in "dllinit.cpp" (only in debug
configuration!).

my DLL links with:
#pragma comment( lib, "libboost_thread-vc80-mt-gdp-1_37" )
#pragma comment( lib, "libboost_date_time-vc80-mt-gdp-1_37" )
#pragma comment( lib, "stlportstld.5.0" )
with preprocessor defines:
_STLP_DEBUG
BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK
BOOST_THREAD_USE_DLL
BOOST_LIB_DIAGNOSTIC

I am using STLport 5.0.1 and I have boost compiled successfully against
STLport (at least I hope so..), I am not using pthreads.
No release/debug DLL mixups, all DLLs are available (I checked with the
dependency walker).

The only thing that bugs me is that there is no
"libboost_thread-vc80-mt-gdp-1_37.DLL" generated during boost-build.. but
honestly I havent the smallest clue whats going wrong..

Hopefully anyone of you can help me out.. thank a lot in advance and
greetings,

Michael