Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Version 3 request for comments
From: Ulrich Eckhardt (doomster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-06 13:22:51

On Sunday 01 February 2009 18:53:11 Beman Dawes wrote:
> A prototype implementation of version 3 of Boost.Filesystem is available
> for comment.

I have one specific question which I wonder how your proposal handles it:
Imagine a system where strings for filesystems are by default encoded in a
certain encoding like e.g. Latin-1. Now, I mount a CD that is encoded in
UTF-8. The system itself neither enforces Latin-1 nor does it in any way
validate the mounted filesystem, so I might have a path that contains parts
in Latin-1 and parts in UTF-8.

How does your proposed filesystem library handle such a beast?

Uli