Subject: Re: [boost] Gauging interest in a thread-safe containers library
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-10 14:59:37

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mathias Gaunard" <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:06 PM

> Apart from that, if I were to use a thread-safe queue, I would probably
> use one designed for maximum efficiency using lock-free techniques,
> rather than one designed in terms of naive locking.
> Intel TBB provides that kind of thing already; and there had been
> discussion of integrating TBB into Boost in the past.

It will be rely good tohave TBB included on Boost. I'm not sure Intel is interested in having a portable implementation of TBB. Respect to the fact that there is a discussion, I have not hear too much since a long time.
I hope that there are other boosters working on lock-free techniques and that êven if TBB is a good library we could work without.

Best,
Vicente