Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Review-ready version in the Vault
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 10:46:48

----- Original Message -----
From: "vicente.botet" <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:28 AM

> I have some innocent questions:
> * Is logging thread-safe?
> * If yes, are the lines interleaved as it is the case for output streams?
> * If not could you point out how and where in the implementation this is handled?

Hi again,

well i have found some anwers to my questions on the document. I'll come back later on.

How a log record is recognized, i.e. I don't see std::endl neither std::flush are used in the examples. How many lines result in the following example if condifiton is true (2 or 3)

    src::logger_mt& lg = my_logger::get();
    if (lg.open_record()) {
        lg.strm() << "Hello ";
        lg.strm() << "world!";
    }
    // do something
    if (condition) {
        if (lg.open_record()) lg.strm() << "Bye!";
    }

Can other logs be interleaved between "Hello " , "world!" and Bye in a multi threaded program?

Thanks,
Vicente