Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.38.0 released
From: Kirit Sælensminde (kirit.saelensminde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 05:29:06

Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Kirit Sælensminde
> <kirit.saelensminde_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> Boost 1.38.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge. See
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/
>> Great work!
>>
>> There's no tag for this one in SVN. Is that an oversight, or a new policy?
>
> That was done this morning. I've also updated the Release Managers
> Checklist to do that earlier in the release process. See
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList

Thanks Beman. We pull the release straight from SVN (there's only a
couple of us using Boost so it shouldn't be too big a drain on bandwidth
I hope). I'm not sure how sensible that really is despite that though,
but it does mean that we have a script that will fetch and build Boost,
and do a few things so that we can keep multiple versions side by side.

For people just starting with Boost this means for Linux/Mac/Windows
they can just grab our scripts and have everything done for them whilst
they're doing something more interesting.

The scripts are available here:
    http://svn.felspar.com/external/Boost/

I guess I should add a readme describing what happens as they go about
things...