Subject: [boost] [trac] Type of ticket: "Bugs", "Patches", or "Feature Requests"?
From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2010-10-10 (niels_address_until_2010-10-10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 11:26:58

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket has a Type dropdown-list that
has "Bugs" as default. When my report has a patch file attached, should
I set the Type to "Patches" instead?

If fact, the report I have in mind is mainly a performance issue. I
would like boost::array::swap to internally call boost::swap, instead of
std::swap_ranges, mainly because some C++03 implementations of
std::swap_ranges exchange the elements by doing element-wise copy
operations, even when there is a custom swap for the element type. The
new boost::swap utility takes care of calling the appropriate custom
swap, whenever found by argument-dependent lookup (ADL). My report will
have a patch.

So is the type of such a report considered a "Feature Request", a "Bug",
or a "Patch"?

Kind regards, Niels

--
Niels Dekker