Subject: Re: [boost] how to specify options for Boost-building?
From: Oliver Kullmann (O.Kullmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-12 13:07:52

Thanks!

But as far as I can see, two important things are missing from
-------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
if [ `uname -m` == "x86_64" ]
then
        BJAM=bin.linuxx86_64/bjam
fi
if [ `uname -m` == "i686" ]
then
        BJAM=bin.linuxx86/bjam
fi
cd tools/jam/src || exit 1
test -x $BJAM || ./build.sh --update || exit 1
cd ../../.. || exit 1
NCPUS=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "^processor\s*" | wc -l`
./configure \
        --with-bjam=`pwd`/tools/jam/src/$BJAM \
        --with-toolset=gcc \
        $CFGFLAGS \
        || exit 1
make -j$NCPUS BJAM_CONFIG='--layout=system' || exit 1
make BJAM_CONFIG='--layout=system' install || exit 1
-------------------------------

1. It doesn't use a local gcc.
2. Non-multithreading is not specified.

Likely prefix, build-dir and no-python are easily added, but exactly
these two problems are my problems.

Regarding whether "the package manager of my system" can't install Boost:
Unfortunately, I'm the package manager ;-).

Just for information: I develop an open-source library, which amongst other
things also uses Boost, and so when installing my library I first install gcc,
then Boost with this local gcc. Of course, all installations are local.

Oliver