Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT regression on SunCC
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 00:43:24

Hey Robert,

I guess that is possible. I have no idea *why* it is not getting
instantiated though so I wouldn't know where to start. Any suggestions?

In any case, what part of the standard says that the return type should
be instantiated? I read the part referenced in register_archive.hpp
(temp.dep.candidate) but I can't see how to interpret that as "must
instantiate the return type."

Also, it turns out that base_object also has a regression which may be
related. I had to explicitly instantiate void_cast_register to get the
test to pass.