Subject: Re: [boost] [move] Library uploaded to sandbox
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-17 21:00:49

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

> I've uploaded a new version of the move emulation library to sandbox.
> I've put it temporarily in "move_semantics" folder to avoid overwriting
> current move code.
>
> I've put some quickbook documentation whose introduction is based in the
> article "A Brief Introduction to Rvalue References" by Hinnant,
> Stroustrup, Kozicki.
>
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/libs/move_semantics/index.html

Why is forwarding constructor specific? Shouldn't it work with any function?

I suggest renaming BOOST_CONSTRUCT_FWD_REF to BOOST_FWD_REF and
boost::forward_constructor to boost::forward.

I suppose there is an issue to forward references vs const references.
Is that why it's limited to constructors?

> The library needs specially modified Interprocess containers (and
> Intrusive because of dependences), which I've also uploaded to sandbox.
> The examples show how movable only values can be inserted into containers.

Those containers probably have little to do in the interprocess namespace.
Maybe it's time to make them first-class boost citizens?

> And online documentation also here:
>
> http://www.drivehq.com/web/igaztanaga/libs/move_semantics/
>
> The documentation is not in english, it's in my own english dialect so
> be careful when reading ;-) Patches and corrections welcome. I've
> documented some functions to create a little boostbook reference.

The documentation doesn't really mention what are the limits of the
emulation, if there are any.