Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: Boost.String.Convert
From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-18 00:51:11

> I think it would be sufficient to rely on the locale to make decisions
> about the char nature. I have solved this particular task in Boost.Log.
> You may find it in boost/log/detail/code_conversion.hpp and
> libs/log/src/code_conversion.cpp, if you're interested.

Andrey, thank you for the pointer. I'll definitely have a look. I am
somewhat cautious though due to past experience. Back then we had OpenLDAP
on Windows. That is, for all internal purposes we used the platform's
coding -- MBCS. However, for anything OpenLDAP-related we had to handle UTF8
as heavily. That is we had to have explicit UTF8<->MBCS<->WIDE and could not
rely on any support from locale.

V.