Subject: [boost] Sandbox structure in subversion (was Re: [move] Library uploaded to sandbox)
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-18 07:57:09

2009/2/17 Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]>:

> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/libs/move_semantics/index.html
[snip]

> For those that don't like svn sandbox (I'm one of them) I've also put the
> code and the documentation here:

Most people nowadays are putting their libraries into subdirectories
of sandbox, instead of mixing it up with the stuff that's already
there. It's much easier to check out and browse online. For example,
there's chrono at:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/chrono
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/chrono

It is messy having this in the middle of the old sandbox layout. We
could separate out the two although doing this without disrupting
development would be tricky. Maybe we could create a new space in
subversion and let people migrate to it if they wish. We could use a
more traditional subversion layout, perhaps something like:

/svn/boost/projects/chrono/trunk
/svn/boost/projects/chrono/branches
/svn/boost/projects/move_semantics/trunk
/svn/boost/projects/move_semantics/branches

Daniel