Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT regression on SunCC
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-18 13:43:05

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> So as far as SunCC is concerned: I've reviewed the latest
>> trunk tests and it looks to me that a little effort could resolve
>> the problems with instantiation of extended_type_info for
>> these types. In the worst case, probably a SunCC specific
>> macro could be included. In any case, it'll have to be addressed
>> by someone who has the compiler on hand. I'd would much
>> like to see this looked at. The only other compiler which
>> shows problems is the VACPP and I have it on qt that that
>> maybe on the road to getting addressed as well.
>>

> Patch against the trunk attached. I had to use a fairly horrible
> hack based on the compile time counter used in the typeof library.
>
> All the tests except the shared_ptr_1_32 tests pass for me with sun 5.9.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for taking the time to make this patch. Against 1.37.0, it does
not fix the problem. I will check out trunk now to see if they pass for
me on trunk as well. Can you please tell me the output of CC -V? Mine is:

CC: Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_i386 Patch 124864-04 2008/04/16

Which is not the latest, afaik.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com