Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Post-Release Maintenance Team (WAS Re: [test] [gcc-4.3.2] check_is_close and check_is_small issues)
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-19 03:40:57

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>

>> I've found some Jamfile fixes required to work around the (I'm
>> guessing, now defunct) 'message' function in Boost.Build v2 that's
>> bundled with Boost 1.38 that might be worth looking at.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying, sorry. The 'message' function is fine
> as far as I'm concerned -- what "work arounds" do you have in mind and
> for what purpose?

So apparently since I upgraded from Boost 1.35.0 to 1.38.0, what used
to build fine for me (since I used Boost.Build v2 as well in my
projects) when I referred to them by name (/boost//regex and
/boost//graph), Boost.Jam complained that it couldn't find a rule for
'message'.

So instead of using 'message' I changed them to use ECHO instead directly.

I don't know if this is the right solution, but since I encountered
the issue on my own I thought I'd work around it on my setup. This got
the build working fine for me at least. I'm not sure if this is an
issue at a bigger scale, but just as well I figure it might help
others too.

HTH

--
Dean Michael Berris | Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.
blog.cplusplus-soup.com | twitter.com/mikhailberis |