Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] C++0x support?
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-20 08:10:58

> Besides, the students to do some of their own work :)
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that it's possible that
> each student might have a different goal than Boost's; consequently,
> the design of their library might be different than mpl's?
> Could these students maybe provide a description of their goals
> and how they differ from mpl's (of course I'm not sure:
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_38_0/libs/mpl/doc/index.html
>
> has what you'd consider a description of the mpl goals; hence,
> maybe there's no way the students could describe the differences.)\

That's not quite what I meant. I was trying to make the point that I'm
hesitant about accepting contributions because the students' work is being
evaluated as part of independent studies or undergraduate research. Hence,
they need to do their own work. This will probably change towards the end of
the summer.

As for design goals... one of the nice things about running an experimental
project is that you don't have to operate under the same constraints as
established products. Outside of generic and usable (readable, writeable,
and expressive?) the goals themselves are quiet fluid. Again, as the project
becomes more established (and god forbid, we develop a user base :), we'll
have to adopt a real philosophy.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]