Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: Boost.Convert
From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-20 21:48:39

> It looks like the static "apply" will not allow to pass additional
> conversion parameters, except by resorting to Boost.Bind or something
> similar. Why not simply provide operator() in the converter?

Yes, I think it's a good idea. Will do. the 'apply' was a quick hack anyway.

> Then having support of Boost.Parameter, we could pass some customization
> to the converter constructor:
>
> std::transform(
> integers.begin(),
> integers.end(),
> std::back_inserter(strings),
> converter<int, string>(radix_ = 16, uppercase_ = true));

I looked a Boost.Parameter and will certainly try using it somewhere. My
hesitation with it for boost::convert is I am under impression that the set
of acceptable parameters (radix_, etc.) has to be predefined and therefore
cannot be extended by the user when formatting like "convert(str) >>
std::hex" seems more flexible.

V.