Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Convert+Boost.Parameter
From: Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-02-22 15:39:45

> The keywords are decoupled.
> Did you read through the Boost.Parameter tutorial?

OK, I admit before I only glanced over the docs a couple of times. I
thought I got the idea. Obviously not. :-( Now I printed it out and set
down reading. Now I see the registration is all by itself and not coupled
with anything. That's good.

So, convert() can take those parameters in. Given we do not know how many
parameters there might be I'd suggest we set those parameters with
operator(). Like

convert<string, int>(str)(default_ = -1)(throw_ =
false)(some_other_parameter_ = ...)

Given, convert() does not know and does not understand
"some_other_parameter_" somebody else will need to do something with it.
Who would that be and what would it do? I presume we could come up with a
Boost.Parameter-based manipulator analog... or... no, I admit I am out of
ideas. How can all that work?

Thanks,
Vladimir.