Subject: Re: [boost] Extending asio (SCTP support)
From: Hal Finkel (half_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-25 14:32:06

Cliff,

I'm trying to provide an asio abstraction layer over the native SCTP
stack, in much the same way as asio currently provides TCP support. At
this point the same core API is supported by Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris,
HP-UX, etc., and it is being standardized by the IETF, so I think
providing a wrapper for this interface is reasonable.

Lacking strong opinions favoring just extending the existing classes,
I'll provide an implementation based on providing some kind of extension
mechanism to the existing socket-related classes. Then we can all decide
whether we like it :)

 -Hal