Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review: Boost.RangeEx
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-26 08:34:13

Arno Schödl skrev:
> Hello Neil,
>
> first of all thank you very much for RangeEx! It will replace a lot of code in our projects.
>
>> So is everyone happy if I:
>> 1. Change the 'ed' adaptors to _view
>
> I liked the _ed, but have no strong opinion.
>
>> 2. name the operator | alternatives with the same name as the adaptor?
>
> At the risk of being late and redundant,

Well, it a review, and as such I don't see how you views could be late.
We don't make quick decisions, and I might gather special issues later
so we can vote on how to resolve a particular issue.

> Long chains were particularly necessary as long as you could not give names to intermediate results because of their obscure types. But with the auto keywork in C++0x, this problem will soon disappear, and with it the justification for super-long chains.

Well, maybe. There, however, a difference in that when you cache ni a
local variable, you might have to move manually (by calling std::move/or
using move iterators), whereas it might be done automatically if you
don't cache.

-Thorsten