Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] area, length, centroid, behavior
From: Mika Heiskanen (mika.heiskanen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-26 15:02:03

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> I believe design decisions should lead to a library that is
> convenient to use rather than convenient to implement.

I agree with Luke on this one. I have written a contouring
algorithm which produces either polygons for filling or polylines
for stroking. The filling will work just fine if I use the even-odd
filling rule regardless of the orientation of any individual subpolygon.
However, I'd hate to have to produce a certain winding rule for the
exterior and the holes in order to use the same data for more
complicated GIS calculations such as logical operations and buffering.
IMHO it should be just as easy as choosing to use the even-odd filling
rule instead of the winding rule.

--> Mika Heiskanen