Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Convert+Boost.Parameter
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-28 10:57:22

Hi,
the Boost.Range library introduce the concept of adaptor (or view). I'm wondering if this could be also convenient for the Boost.Convert library.

Take the uuid user data type.

uuid u;
string res;

u | corverted_to<string> | uppercased > res;

The evaluation should be lazy, only when we assign throwg the > operator we force the evaluation.

or

string str;

int i = str | radix(10) | locale(...) | converted_to<int>;

Could this approach work for the Boost.Convert library?

Best
Vicente