Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] problems implementing free-standingfunctions
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-02 07:29:55

Daniel Wallin skrev:
> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>> Robert Ramey skrev:
>>> Try removing the code from the "detail" namespace.
>> I renamed the functions, so they are not called load(). But it did not
>> help.
>>
>> The compiler gives me this error:
>>
>> d:\boost\trunk\boost/serialization/access.hpp(109) : error C2039:
>> 'serialize' :
>> is not a member of 'boost::auto_buffer<T>'
>>
>> Why does the library look for that function?
>
> Your include guard is broken:
>
> #ifdef BOOST_UTILITY_AUTO_BUFFER_SERIZLIZATION_HPP_01_03_2009
>
> :)

Thanks!

Robert, I also tried looking in the docs for this, but I did not find a
description there: I want to take advantage of an optimized ways to
serialize the underlying array of the auto_buffer (memcpy or similar). I
assume there is
already code to do that. Can it be reused for my class? If so, how?

Thanks in advance

-Thorsten