Subject: Re: [boost] [threadpool] parallel_sort example
From: k-oli_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-03-02 13:20:56

Am Monday 02 March 2009 00:06:25 schrieb Edouard A.:
> I also think that having a default pool is a must. What you can do is have
> a boost::tp:get_default_pool() that would be using Meiers idiom for
> singleton's (i.e. having the function returning a static local variable).

How many worker-threads should be created inside the default threadpool?
Which scheduling strategy should by applied?

The pool could use FIFO ordering of the queued tasks but the amount of
worker-threads depend on the threadpool usage.
THe pool could create as many worker-threads as CPUs are online an bind each
thread to one specific CPU/Core - CPU intensive apps could benefit form this
scenario. Applications with lot of IO require usally more worker-threads than
CPUs.

Hmmm

Oliver