Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Does any one interesting in calculating derivative for a expression automatically?
From: Reetesh Mukul (reetesh.mukul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-03 12:22:54

Dongfei Yin <yin.dongfei <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> Recently, I am working on some mathematical issues, most of my
> working time, I am calculating the derivative of function manually, it
> is such a tedious work that I write a piece of code to do it for me. now
> I want to share it with others.
> Let me show it for you. it it something like lambda expression, I
> mean boost::lambda. but the main purpose is to calculate derivative. As
> it is not so perfect now. I need
> some suggestion to make it better.

HI Dongfei,

I am interested in it. But what the plan is exactly ? How you are going to do it
for say expressions involving trigonometric terms ? For polynomial expressions
things are manageable, how you are going to parse other complex expressions ?

BTW how you are going to take care of algebra at many places ?

With Regards,
Reetesh Mukul