Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Does any one interesting in calculating derivative for a expression automatically?
From: Dongfei Yin (yin.dongfei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 05:41:07

Hi John,
  1. I have tried that if you write d(d(d(d(x*x*x*x, x), x), x), x), it
will take a long compile time without optimized. I have do something to
optimized it. I need to write a lot of specialized
template class for most of the operators.
  2. Because of the C++ grammar, I think it can just accept expression
like C++ style. think about operator^, the priority is lower in C++ than
in math.
  3. As I said, high derivative will cost lots of compile time without
"simplify", so you are right, the expression should be simplified. but
at compile time, it is a little difficult to do it, but I'll do my best
to optimized it.

Dongfei.