Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] string serialization
From: Nikolay Mladenov (nikolay.mladenov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-04 15:58:52

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The current portable_binary_archive handles mismatched
> sizeof all types of integers. If the loading platform can't
> render the integer saved, an exception is thrown at runtime.

Yes, but all optimizations are disabled.
And since I don need to handle endianness, this seems too costly.
I have taken care not have mismatched integer sizes in the objects I
am serializing,
But the binary_i(o)_archives are still forcing the size_t on me.

That is all.

I understand though, that changing the binary_i(o)_archive string
serialization to use
collection_size_type will break all existing 64 binary archives...

Nikolay Mladeonv