Subject: Re: [boost] RangeEx review
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-10 13:43:06

Mathias Gaunard skrev:
> Here is a quick review of RangeEx.

> - I would like to library to also provide lazy range generators,
> potentially defining an infinite range recursively.

Can you give an example?

> - Adaptors for type filtering within heterogeneous sequences (sequences
> of "potentially smart" pointers, sequences of variants, sequences of
> any...) would also be a plus.
> It's basically a filter+transform at the same time.
>
> I found such an adaptor primitive very practical when dealing with
> trees, for example.

So basically something like

   rng | transfilt( boost::static_caster<T>() )

or

   rng | transfilt<T>()

or

   rng | static_filter<T>()
   rng | dynamic_filter<T>()

? (Of course, the latter syntax fails because we can't overload cast
operators. Maybe we should create our own in the form of
boost::static_caster, boost::dynamic_caster?).

-Thorsten