Subject: Re: [boost] is_virtual_base_of ?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-13 14:01:57

>> I would like to see the type_trait gurus to:
>>
>> a) look at this
>> b) see if this gcc warning can be suppressed
>> c) if its OK move it to the type_traits library and out of the
>> serialization
>> librar
>> d) maybe add a separate test.
>> e) and promote to the next release branch since I prefer to run my
>> local
>> tests
>> against the next release branch.
>

> The best way to get the maintainer to look at it is to submit it as a
> patch attached to a Trac ticket.

Indeed, but in this case the maintainer has just added is_virtual_base_of to
type_traits Trunk: no docs yet, lets see how the regression tests work out
first.

Robert, can you see if this version meets your needs? It passes all tests
for me with gcc, msvc, intel and sun, but you never know what may happen
with other compilers. Also I was unable to create a test case for the
situation where the Base has no default constructor leading to a compiler
error - do you have a test case for this?

Cheers, John.