Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] [impl] polygon relations [was: area area, length, centroid, behavior]
From: Jean-Sebastien Stoezel (js.stoezel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-13 17:49:39

Phil:

These are the libraries I have been using for development under
Windows, Linux and Mac OS:

- Asio
- Bind
- Circular buffer
- Date time
- Filesystem
- Program options
- Smart pointers
- statechart
- Thread
- Timer
- Tokenizer

I would like to use these libraries with my embedded applications too,
for code reuse. I understand some libraries need OS support, like
thread. Using thread for embedded development would allow me to
develop applications I could reuse with many RTOS.

I woudln't mind developing a port for the RTOSes I have been using.
For these I guess I need to develop a facade/stub class...

Other things I am iterested in for code reuse and portability are
generic interfaces for peripherals, like CAN bus, SPI, I2C, analog to
digital converters, GPIOs... Boost does not have interfaces for these,
but that would be a nice add-on.

Any idea if these types of interfaces are being developped?

Can I ask you what embedded platform and toolchain you have been
developing on? What was the memory footprints for the libraries you
used?

Jean