Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl][fold.html] apply<op, _1, deref<_2> > correction needed.
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-15 14:38:33

On 03/14/09 06:24, Larry Evans wrote:
[snip]
> to work, maybe using eval_apply (defined as the app2ok in the vault)
> would work? Then instead of:
>
> apply<op,_1,deref<_2> >
>
> use:
>
> eval_apply<op,_1,deref<_2> >::type
>
> as shown in the vault code.
>
> The name eval_apply is modeled after eval_if.
>
> Am I missing something or should I file a trac ticket on this?

OOPS. eval_apply<,,>::type is simply apply_wrap<,,>.
But apply is derived from apply_wrap;hence, apply<op,_1,deref<_2>
should work.

The newly uploaded vault file:

   http://preview.tinyurl.com/de8qkp

shows this. I tried using cpp to produce output to try on
comeau's online compiler:

   http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout/

however, it failed because some gcc specific names were
used (e.g. __visibility__ ) and the online compile failed.

Could someone try this on some other compiler to verify
that gcc is buggy here?

TIA.

-Larry