Subject: Re: [boost] [object_pool] too slow?
From: Ben Muzal (bmuzal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-16 15:46:54

Like I said, if you want the destructors called when the pool is
destroyed, you should be using a container not a pool. (allocators are
not containers. containers delete the objects they hold because they
own them. Allocators however do not own the objects that they
allocate.)

But that is not really the point of my post. That 'feature' of the
destructor will have to stay so that it does not break any existing
code. My real problem is the O(n^2) nature of allocating then
dealocating N objects.

Am I wrong that the O(n^2) behavior should be considered a BUG?

--Ben