Subject: Re: [boost] [array] change proposal for the c_array() function
From: Niels Dekker - address til 2010-10-10 (niels_address_until_2010-10-10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-18 13:36:33

David Abrahams wrote:
> Looks good in principle. What is the status of that function in TR1
> and the latest draft standard? If it is different from your proposal,
> we should probably think about the consequences.

Hi Herve,

David and I just mailed about the issue and we agreed that it would be
preferable to have such a function as a non-member. Because tr1::array
doesn't have such a c_array() member function and std::array probably
won't have one either. Such a boost::get_c_array(arg) function
(template) could be overloaded to support both std::array and
boost::array. For details, please have a look at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2857#comment:2

HTH, Niels

--
Niels Dekker