Subject: Re: [boost] threadpool lockfree_channel
From: k-oli_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-03-21 05:00:05

Am Tuesday 17 March 2009 20:08:18 schrieb Edouard A.:
> > I'm interessted in a boost lib of lockfree structures - I hope the
> > boost
> > community can help.
>
> I agree.
>
> Threadpool is just a brick of a bigger ensemble that would make efficient
> multithreaded programming a little bit easier. Below one can think of
> concurrent structures and operations, above ready-to-use patterns and
> algorithms.
>
> Maybe you could start by making a "x-mass list" of what you need.

- improve performance (fast as TBB - if possible)
        - lockfree-fifo, -lifo and -priority queue
        - check work-stealing algorithm
- check for raise conditions
- get framework interface stable as possible
- timeout of task execution (meaning if task could not be finished until a
certain time has reached the task gets canceld -> should be possible via
Anthonies future lib)

> Do you have a design diagram of your current threadpool implementation?

currently not :(