Subject: Re: [boost] Can a Boost library use a component like GMP and mfpr that have a LGPL license ?
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-23 14:23:06

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> What features of a geometry library do you need? I'm always interested to know so that I can focus on the pieces that are (will be) used the most. You can tell me off list if you prefer not to advertise this information.

It's pretty vague at this time. We've been doing without, and looking at
it to optimize some algorithms that currently work on rasters. We're
mostly looking for quickly doing many, many polygon intersections in a
huge floating point coordinate system. (Transformed to integer rasters
at a given resolution.) The whole thing is about geographic data.

Sebastian