Subject: Re: [boost] Stop on first error
From: Kirit Sælensminde (kirit.saelensminde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 00:25:40

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> In fact, I plan to implement a scripted solution for building C++ Boost
> using exactly one command, so I can include -q in that solution. Thanks
> for suggestion.

We have some scripts that might be reasonable starting points. They work on
Windows, Linux and Macs. There are bits of them that are decidedly hackish
though :(

svn co http://svn.felspar.com/external/Boost/

They work in such a way that multiple versions of Boost can be used side by
side by a number of projects that sit in sibling directories to where you
check out Boost.

The Jamroot for Boost brings in the libraries as pre-built targets so the
Boost source files (which don't change) don't have to be scanned for changes.
The mechanism it uses for this is a nasty kludge, but I think the idea is
sound as it massively improves build times.

http://www.kirit.com/