Subject: Re: [boost] A problem of Regex with ICU support
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-25 05:14:38

>I build my regex with icu support on Linux machine as follows
>./bjam --prefix=/home/qhwang/mylibs/boost/ --with-regex
>--build-dir=/tmp/boost_build/ --build-type=complete -sHAVE_ICU=1
>-sICU_PATH=/home/qhwang/mylibs/icu/ install
>The warning message from bjam shows icu is enabled.
>I checked regex libraies were built. They are dependend on icu library. So
>believed HAVE_ICU
>took effect. But look at the regex head files created, #define
>BOOST_HAS_ICU is comment. Sounds
>like icu is not enabled in head files.

Building the libraries has no effect on the headers - in any case no changes
or #defines are necessary to *use* the headers, only when building the
library.

>I don't know how to pass the compiliation. Any idea?

I believe this is a bug in the example, which assumes that wchar_t is the
same as UChar, I'll look into fixing this,

Apologies for the confusion, John.