Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Interest check for 3d geometry proposal
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 12:00:15

Simonson, Lucanus J a écrit :
> It sounds to me like such a thing would need to employ archetecture
> specific techniques such as compiler intrinsics and inline-assembly to
> be in any way competitive in terms of performance with what probably
> exists in closed source development shops. Also, these things are best
> offloaded to the GPU if possible, and that code isn't written in C++.
simd intrinsic is actually enough but last time I proposed something on
those lines, it was dismissed as useless ....

Gpu are limited by the speed of the bus and you'll end up spending too
much time sending data back and forth.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35