Subject: Re: [boost] Back to Boost.SIMD - Some performances ...
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 12:41:25

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Michael Fawcett a écrit :
>>
>> Will you be able to compare this against Intel's Math Kernel Library or
>> AMD's Core Math Library
>
> Well, I don't think those libraries provide such kind of a facility. I
> thought MKL was Intel's LAPACK homebrew ?

Both libraries provide at least a subset of the functionality in your
benchmarks.

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/266863.htm

http://developer.amd.com/cpu/Libraries/acml/downloads/pages/default.aspx#docs
(use the "ACML User Guide/FFT Documentation" link which goes to a pdf)

> I guess I can install some of this (at least Intel as I don't have AMD
> machine overthere) and see what can be compared in a proper fashion.

ACML works on Intel processors as well, but is not optimal.

> Currently, a GEMM version written in C using our madd function is on par
> with the SSE2 ATLAS version at roughly 2-3%.

Great to hear!

--Michael Fawcett