Subject: Re: [boost] Back to Boost.SIMD - Some performances ...
From: Stephan Tolksdorf (andorxor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-26 13:55:18

Hi Joel,

> I'm still working on a potential Boost.SIMD proposal despite the
> apparent lack of interest by the list.
>(...)
>
>Comments and questions welcomed.

I'm sure that if you manage to write a platform and compiler independent
library for vectorized basic math functions that can compete with Intel's
MKL in terms of accuracy and speed, there'll be a lot of interest in your
library.

Could you comment on what vector size you used for your timings and whether
you think the library will provide competitive performance for the specific
vector sizes of N=1,2,3,4?

Also, do the functions properly handle denormals and overflows?

BTW, are you aware of the Eigen library: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org

Stephan