Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Interest check for 3d geometry proposal
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-27 12:34:44

Hi Stjepan,

> If Kornel's GSoC proposal ends up being geared towards extending ggl
> 3D functionality (which I think would be great), perhaps you and Bruno
> Lalande could serve as co-mentors for the project? I think something
> similar was done in the past with Mariano Gabriel Consoni working on
> Jeremy Pack's Extension / Reflection library - the official Boost
> mentor was Hartmut Kaiser but Jeremy was also involved in some
> capacity.

You had the same idea as me and Barend, and like you I think it would
be great. Unfortunately we had a private discussion with Kornel about
that, and it seems that the idea of working by extending our library
(or Luke's one or Brandon's one) doesn't really seduce him. It would
have been a pleasure for us to help him in that task. However we
couldn't be the official mentors anyway since we're not the authors of
an already accepted Boost library.

Bruno