Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc]built-in support for dictionary words
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-28 08:30:02

kannan venkat wrote:
> Hi ,I am a student applying for GSoC 2009. I had an idea of providing
> inbuilt support for English words found on the dictionary.

There was a thread a few days ago about Bloom filters, did you see
that? Several people expressed an interest. I think that a Bloom
filter would work well for the problem you describe i.e. checking
password strength. Is this the sort of thing that you have in mind?
For substring searching things get more complicated e.g. suffix trees.
I guess there would be interest in that too, if it could be done in the
available time.

Phil.