Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] fixed size matrix class?
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 08:09:50

Kornel Kisielewicz a écrit :
> To be perfectly honest, that's how it seems -- I started with a simple
> and modest proposal of a fixed-size vector and matrix library, went
> through a big circle with spatial indexing and other stuff, just to
> get back into a discussion about fixed matrices and vectors, what was
> ditched as a bad idea in the beginning :) ( forgive the smiley )
>
> And to add something more merithorical to the discussion:
> I see a need, and I see a place in boost for a library that provides:
> a) an fixed-sized matrix<dim,dim,traits> class, that works for any
> dimension but is also hand-optimized for dimensions <= 4,
> b) an fixed-sized vector?<dim,traits> class that works for any
> dimension but is also hand-optimized for dimensions <= 4, *
Just being picky here. I don't like when matrix/vector libraries specify
two types
for both matrix and vector cause it becomes hard or unreadable to
differentiate vector
which are 1xN from vector begin Nx1. A global matrix<Type,Dim1,Dim2 =
1,...DimN=1> is , IMHO,
better as you can compile-time check that your matrix/vector outer
dimensions matches for
operator like gemm.