Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] unicode tools and an unicode string type
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-30 10:51:33

Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> I suppose breadth. Quality could be increased after the SoC. I'm more
> interested in using the time where I am mentored to come up with
> interesting and practical designs that would pass a review.

If this is indeed going to be more about design than actual code, I'd
suggest to make the review and discussion of previous attempts (that did
have broad support in this community), such as the already mentioned
work by Erik Wien
(see http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2004/10/74349.php) a central
part of the work.
As I already mentioned, I don't think a top-down approach is a good idea
in this case, but it would be especially bad if all it did was to add
yet another item to this
potentially-good-but-unimplemented-unicode-designs bag.
FWIW.

Regards,

       Stefan