Subject: [boost] [gsoc] PLEASE SUBMIT PROPOSALS NOW
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-31 22:53:02

Hi Students,

This just in from the director of the GSOC, in an email with lots of
asterisks and capital letters in the subject:

> I realize that many organizations are working with students to refine
> their proposal ideas on their mailing lists, wikis, etc. However, a
> proposal on a wiki, mailing list, etc. does not constitute an actual
> application for the program; the proposal must be submitted to the
> GSoC 2009 site. While doing review and refinement outside of
> http://socghop.appspot.com is a useful exercise, it doesn't allow us
> to accurately gauge the number of student proposals we're receiving
> for GSoC 2009.
>
> Please help us get an accurate sense of how many proposals will be
> submitted for GSoC 2009 by asking your students to submit their
> proposals to the GSoC 2009 site *now*. They are welcome to link to the
> wiki page, mailing list thread, forum topic, etc. where their
> proposals are under discussion and refinement as part of the proposal
> submission process.[0]

And the [0] refers to:

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/userguide#depth_studentapply

Many of you have done a *great* job raising proposals, discussing and
refining them. Please get some placeholder applications up asap, even
if they aren't completely finished.

I'm looking forward to seeing yet more good discussion and refinement of
your proposals. Everybody keep up the good work. On behalf of the
boost community, thanks for your enthusiasm. :)

-t